Great Relief From Lichen Planus Found With Homeopathy At Life Force
A female patient, Mrs. A.T. (PIN: 39731) visited Life Force’s Sassoon clinic on 29th March 2019 with the complaints of lichen planus. She was suffering from lichen planus since December 2018, and her lesions were progressing since then. The first lesions of lichen planus appeared in the mouth, and, since March 2019, lesions appeared on both her forearms, both the knee joints, genital, and on the abdominal area. The lesions were very small, circular, and dark purple and were 2-3 in number. She used to experience discomforting symptoms, such as burning sensation and itching. She was taking steroids at that time.
The patient had a history of Breast Abscess in February 2018. She had a family medical history of Diabetes and Hypertension.
The patient was taking steroids since March 2019. They are listed below.
1) Tab. Gracecort 6 mg (Deflazacort-Glucocorticoid steroid) twice a day for 10 days then once a day for 10 days.
2) Gel Kenacort (Triamcinolone- corticosteroid) application on the lips at the night time was advised, however, the patient was applying it 3-4 times a day.
3) Halovate cream (Halobetasol- Corticosteroid) once a day.
Also, she had complaints of acidity and hair fall. She was non-vegetarian with no specific cravings or disliking for any specific food.
The patient was confident. She liked to talk a lot. She used to get irritated. She could not express her Anger. She was very anxious about the disease. She was nervous, and she had anxiety over trifles.
After a detailed case analysis, Dr. Shah prescribed research-based medicine for Lichen Planus to the patient. She was advised to follow the right diet and regimen also. She was told to avoid spicy food, extremely sour food, red meat, hard crispy food, and hot food.
When she gave the follow-up on 11th May 2019, her relief from the oral lesions was 60% better. Her relief from the lesions on her forearm, abdomen, knee joints, and genitals was 100% better. The burning sensation had reduced, and she was no more experiencing itching.
1) Tab. Gracecort 6 mg (Deflazacort- Glucocorticoid steroid) was now taken by her on alternate days.
2) Gel Kenacort (Triamcinolone- corticosteroid) was applied on the lips 3-4 times a day.
3) Halovate cream (Halobetasol- Corticosteroid) was stopped.
The patient’s complaints of acidity and hair fall were as it is.
When the patient gave her second follow-up on 21st June 2019, her recovery from the oral lesions was 80% better (old lesions had completely healed but 2-3 new lesions appeared below her tongue because of eating outside food.). The recovery from her lesions on the forearm, abdomen, knee joints, and genitals was 100% better. The burning was further reduced and there was no itching.
1) Tab. Gracecort 6 mg (Deflazacort-Glucocorticoid steroid) was completely stopped for 1.5 half months.
2) Gel Kenacort (Triamcinolone- corticosteroid) on Lips was now applied only once a day. It was advised to apply on alternate days now and then stop.
The patient’s complaints of the acidity had reduced by more than 60% and her hair fall was as it is. The patient is happy and satisfied with the treatment she received at Life Force and is continuing it for further recovery.
This case shows how homeopathy helps towards better management of lesions of lichen planus. The lesions present in the mouth are very challenging since they were located on mucocutaneous junctions, and homeopathy treats these challenging lesions wonderfully. Homeopathy succeeds in treating lichen planus effectively and safely without any side-effects.
Written by Dr. Shilpa, Associate doctor to Dr. Rajesh Shah