What Is Frequent Cold?
Common cold or cold is one of the most common conditions affecting several individuals and is responsible for absenteeism at work and school. The common cold is caused by a viral infection and may be triggered or aggravated by certain allergens and environmental factors. When a child or an adult is suffering from the common cold quite often, then it is termed a frequent cold. Symptoms of frequent colds, such as running nose, frequent sneezing, nose block, sore throat, headache, cough, and occasional wheezing, are very troublesome and affect the quality of life of the patient. It may affect the general growth of a child. Many patients have to depend on antibiotics or antihistamines (anti-allergic) for temporary relief for each episode. Many parents get worried due to the suffering of their kids.
The root causes of frequent colds are genetic tendencies and lowered immunity. Hence, treatment should be given to correct the genetic tendencies and boost immunity. Homeopathy treatment believes in correcting the same and is highly effective and recommended for treating all forms of frequent colds. As per our experience at Life Force, homeopathy is a boon to children who suffer from frequent colds.
Homeopathic Treatment For Frequent Colds:
In the last more than 200 years, homeopathic practitioners have treated millions of patients with frequent colds all over the world. The homeopathic method of treatment has been treating frequent colds since 1880.
Clinical studies at Life Force (ISO 9001:2000 certified global clinic attached with Research center) have shown excellent results in treating patients with frequent colds by using homeopathy. Statistics based on a study of 350 patients suffering from frequent colds:
Many conventional medicines like antibiotics or antihistamines treat the symptoms of frequent colds. However, this is not a solution. The root cause has to be treated for long-lasting relief.
Triggering factors for frequent colds are infections, allergens, and environmental factors, but genetic tendencies and lowered immunity are the root cause of frequent colds. Hence, the basic issues here are the genetic tendencies and altered immunity that need to be corrected. Homeopathic medicines work by correcting genetic tendencies and boosting immunity. Hence, it treats the disease at the root level and gives long-lasting relief.
Why homeopathy for frequent colds?
- The Homeopathic treatment method addresses the genetic tendencies or predisposition and enhances the patient's immunity (disease resistance power). This makes the patient less susceptible to infections, allergens, and other environmental factors.
- In this way, by using homeopathy, hypersensitivity to allergens can be reduced.
- Homeopathic medication gives excellent results in relief from frequent colds, as it reduces the frequency, severity, and duration of episodes of colds.
- Homeopathy also helps in the overall improvement of health.
- Homeopathic medicines are safe. There are no side effects of homeopathic medicines, even if taken for a long duration.
- Homeopathic treatment is completely safe for babies, pregnant females, and elders.
- Homeopathy can be taken along with conventional treatment if needed.
- Homeopathy may not help with an acute attack of cold. You can take conventional medicine for an acute episode without stopping homeopathy. The aim of homeopathic treatment is a long-term relief from frequent colds.
- With regular use of homeopathic medicine, the need for antibiotics and antihistamines reduces significantly.
Duration of homeopathic treatment:
As per our experience in treating frequent colds at Life Force, most of our patients respond to the homeopathic treatment within 6-8 weeks. The total duration of treatment may vary from 4 months to more than 2 years depending on how your body responds to the treatment.
Commonly prescribed homeopathic medicines for frequent colds:
Some of the commonly prescribed homeopathic medicines for frequent colds are Arsenic Album, Arsenic Iodum, Euphrasia, Hepar sulphuricum, Pulsatilla, Silicea, Kali Bichromicum, Kali Muriaticum, Tuberculinum, Calcarea Iodum, Phosphorus, etc.
What Happens In Frequent Colds? (Pathogenesis)
Tonsils are two guards (natural defense mechanism of the body) at the entrance of the upper respiratory system (throat). The nasal mucosa and nasal hair are also part of our body’s defense mechanism. They protect the human system from intruders, such as viruses, bacteria, allergens, etc. In this process of protecting our body, our immune system may show some symptoms in the form of a cold. The common cold is an affection of the upper respiratory tract caused primarily by a viral infection and may get triggered due to secondary factors, such as allergen and environmental factors. A person having a genetic tendency of frequent colds or allergies or an individual having an altered or weak immunity is at high risk of getting affected by frequent episodes of cold.
Causes Of Frequent Colds:
As discussed in pathogenesis, one suffers from the common cold as a part of the defense mechanism of the body. Most often, a common cold is self-limiting. However, a few people suffer from frequent episodes of cold and have to depend on some medication for each episode to get some relief. Frequent colds result from the following causative and triggering factors:
- Genetic predisposition: People having their family members suffering from colds, allergies (skin or respiratory), asthma, or other respiratory diseases are at high risk of getting frequent colds.
- Immunological factors: Low immunity is one of the common causes of frequent infections, such as a cold. One may have a weak immunity due to genetic tendencies, poor general health, stress, other diseases affecting the immune system, long-term use of medicines affecting, or a weakened immune system.
- Infections: Viruses (rhinoviruses and coronaviruses), bacteria, etc.
- Allergens: Pollens, dust, secretions of pets, pet dander, house dust, pollens, various food particles, artificial food preservatives, processed foods, etc.
- Environment factors: A sudden change in weather, too cold or too hot climate, cloudy or humid weather, pollution, etc.
Symptoms Of Frequent Colds:
Commonly presenting symptoms of frequent colds are:
- A nasal discharge
- Initially, the discharge may be watery and later may turn yellowish or greenish due to superadded infection.
- A nose block
- Sore throat
- A headache
- Occasional wheezing
- Watering of eyes
- Itching of eyes
- Body ache
Diagnosis Of Frequent Colds:
Diagnosis of frequent colds is made with the help of clinical evaluation and physical examination. Some blood tests are advised to rule out other infections.
Supportive Treatment (Diet, Lifestyle, & Exercises) For Frequent Colds:
- Wash your hands often if someone else from family or at school is suffering from a cold.
- Avoid exposure to allergens, which may trigger your cold.
- Keep your house clean.
- Wash your clothes, handkerchiefs, pillow cover, and bed covers frequently.
- Cover your mouth or nose while coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid smoking. Avoid exposure to dust and pollution.
- If your child has frequent colds, wash his toys frequently.
- Regular exercises and yoga may help to improve the overall immunity.
- Drink adequate water.
- If your child is experiencing frequent colds, to improve his general health, give him a healthy diet, which is rich in proteins and vitamins.
Conventional Treatment For Frequent Colds:
Commonly prescribed conventional treatment for frequent episodes of cold comprises antibiotics and antihistamines.
Our Experience In Treating Frequent Colds At Life Force:
At Life Force, we have treated and documented over 5000 cases of frequent colds with excellent and consistent results. Dr. Shah, with his expertise and experience over the last 30 years, has formulated a research-based protocol for the treatment of frequent colds. Patients from over 180 countries receive treatment directly under his care. Homeopathic medicines correct the genetic tendencies and improve immunity by treating the disease from its root and giving long-term relief from frequent colds. It also provides relief in hypersensitivity to allergens. Homeopathy is a boon for many children who suffer from a cold frequently. It reduces the frequency, intensity, and duration of episodes of cold. Hence, it reduces the frequent need for antibiotics in kids and improves the overall health of the child.
- Allergic rhinitis
- Nasal polyps